Saturday, April 18, 2009

Stepper Motor Driver Issues Resolved!!!

I have finnaly finished debugging my Stepper Motor drive circuit! This is one giant leap for me and my repstrap and I can now move onto less tedious things (I hope) like building an extruder and buying a bigger PSU for my repstrap mine outputs 5A at 12V, My steppers are 6V but I am running them at 12V for extra power, running 3 stepper in high torque mode (2 phases at once for extra torque) since my steppers are 1.3amps phase this gives me 2.6A per stepper=7.2 amps for all 3, my power supply only produces 5A at 12V, whoops :), I guess I will need a new PSU or I will have to drive my steppers in Wave Drive mode.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pingiscoolest,
    I recently purchased a StepGenie to control with my Arduino. I'm really new to this stuff. Could you show some of the code you use to run your steppers?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, If your not a spambot I would love to hear from you!