Saturday, April 11, 2009

First Real Post

So I dont think anyone is reading this as it comes out so I'll just let it get anyone up to speed as to what I have done so far that decides to look this far back. I set out to design a low cost RepStrap after I learned that Tommelise 2 was above my price range. Anyway so far I have finished (I think) the hardware part and my external electronics have been tested as much as possible without the software part working. My repstrap is controlled by 3 unipolar steppers turning 1/4 20 threaded rods running through captive nuts on all of the axis. The stepper motors are controlled by stepgenie stepper controllers currently activating NPN transistors but I plan to switch to HEXFETs before I start printing. Everything else is the standard RepRap electronics. I have decided to mount a dedicated repstrap pc on my repstrap, it is a compaq laptop with a cracked screen plugged into an lcd monitor and external keyboard/mouse. I am using the RepRap host to control my RepStrap through an Arduino. If you are reading this blog I expect you to have a knowledge of RepRap/RepStrap systems and if you dont please head over to www.reprap.org to learn before reading. I have decided to use a dedicated repstrap pc because I dont want printing things getting in the way of me using my main pc. I dont want to not use my repstrap because I need to use my pc. Anyway if you have any questions feel free to ask in a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, If your not a spambot I would love to hear from you!