Sunday, August 23, 2009

Out with Gen2 in with Gen3

Well this is my first real post in a long time...anyway I replaced all me electronics with the reprap Gen 3 electronics. My repstrap now looks a lot better without all those messy red wires, now its just a few black cat5 cables running around. Unfortunatly when I ordered the electronics I didn't order the ISP or the USB->ttl cable. I will order those tonight and hopefully they will be there by next weekend. I now have all my electronics mounted and wired up, and I have gone through the firmware and made all the nescarry configuration changes, all thats left to do on the positioning electronics is burn the bootloaders for the reprap motherboard and the extruder controller. I saved all of the gen2 electronics, so hopefully I will be able to use them in other projects (well the boards that work anyway, the main reason I swapped in the Gen 3 electronics was that I had built the gen2 electronics on stripboard (its a long story) with parts from mouser, and well they didnt work, and it was just too hard to sift through all of the wire to find the problem.) I have a robotics competition for school sometime so I will probably use my old arduino and maybe the PWM drivers for that. Ok i'm done rambling for this post anyway!

2 comments:

  1. You can use the USB->ttl cable as an ISP, see my blog exmrclean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I worked on using an arduino as an ISP, but I eventually just gave up and made $20 :), thanks though

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, If your not a spambot I would love to hear from you!